Maryland Residents:  You must have independent professional advice

 Structured Settlement Advisor

If you are a Maryland resident and you are interested in selling your structured settlement payment rights, you must obtain independent professional advice.  Below we cite how Maryland defines independent professional advice, and then we cite the code that REQUIRES you to have independent professional advice.


  • 5-1101(c) Independent professional advice.--"Independent professional advice means advice of an attorney, certified public accountant, actuary, or other licensed professional adviser:

(1) Who is engaged by a payee to render advice concerning the legal, tax, and financial implications of a transfer structured settlement payment rights;

(2) Who is not affiliated with or compensated by the transferee of the transfer; and

(3) Whose compensation is not affected by whether a transfer occurs.


The Maryland code that REQUIRES you to have independent professional advice is:

  • 5-1102(b)(3) The payee received independent professional advice regarding the legal, tax, and financial implications of the transfer.


We have nation-wide independent professional advisers.  Call today for a free consultation.

Maryland Independent Professional Advice

Andres Financial Group, is a highly professional group in Independent Professionals providing advice in the transfer of structured settlements. Associates across the US, with the ability to pool all our resources in your best interest.

IPA services include but are not limited to; best interest advice, fair market analysis, court document review, & court appearance.

We pride ourselves on getting 90% of our cases approved the first time in front of the judge. We do not accept a denial as a possible decision, and will seek to keep the case open should the judge attempt to deny.