Block 11.4 Article 2.3 Transfers of Structured Settlement Payment Rights

10136(c)(12) Treated Unfairly?  Your District Attorney is Here to Help.


And the Attorney General too.  According to 10136(c)(12), the transfer company has to put a statement in the Disclosure Statement to the consumer stating, if you feel you are being ripped off, treated unfairly, or that you have been railroaded into doing something you don't want to do, call your District Attorney immediately!


Here's why:  according to California Insurance Code, any transfer company that successfully or NOT, attempts to transfer structured settlement payment rights in court, MUST file with the Attorney General of California a copy of any final court order approving or denying the transfer of structured settlement payment rights.


The Attorney General will hear from the transfer company anyway.  The Attorney General doesn't want to hear from the consumer; that would mean something is terribly wrong.


10136(c)(12) The following statement: "If you believe you were treated unfairly or were misled as to the nature of the obligations you assumed upon entering into this agreement, you should report those circumstances to your local district attorney or the office of the Attorney General."


So, if you feel, at any point in the game, that you are being treated unfairly, you get the Attorney Generals attention, and whether or not you meant to be a whistler blower, you've blown a loud whistle.


Your independent professional adviser can do this with you, or for you too.  Hopefully, if you have an independent professional adviser or a structured settlement advisor you can avoid this entire situation and save time, money, and irritation.

structured settlement attorney

[caption id="attachment_8" align="alignnone" width="250"]AFG - Independent Professional Adviors AFG - Independent Professional Adviors[/caption]